When us introverts tell people we have a fear of confrontation, they immediately think we mean fights or arguments. While, yes, we’re very afraid of those, it’s so much more than that. We avoid all confrontation. Being confronted with decisions, a simple greeting, or even plans we made a week ago when we were so young and full of hope.
Let me illustrate my point with a personal story. A few weeks ago I was on a date with a beautiful woman, so you should know right off the bat I was an absolute wreck inside. Inbetween the awkward get to know you questions, I noticed a fly buzzing around our table. Without thinking too much about it, I reached out quickly and snatched it out of the air. It was incredible. I’ve never done anything like that before. She was very impressed. Oh my god. This was going well now. How could I keep this going?
The wrong answer was to notice another fly buzzing around our table and try to snatch it again, only this time I missed the fly and slapped her iced tea all over her. She was no longer impressed.
We avoid confrontation because when confronted with almost any decision, we choose poorly.
1. Do not. No.
2. I’ll be up all night thinking about this interaction.
3. No thank you.
4. Don’t you dare leave me alone.
5. How could you?
7. Notice me! But not too much!
8. My spirit animal.
9. Me leaving the house wearing the same shirt 6 days in a row.
10. Please god just let me get through this.
11. Seems nice, in theory.
12. *turns to liquid and slips under a door*
13. The only logical choice.
14. Error 404 friends not found.
15. Please like me.
16. Time to leave a note.
17. Not like that.
18. I’m going back to bed.
19. It’s all I have.
More funny memes:
- 45 Sex Memes That Are Every Bit As Filthy As They Are Funny
- 23 Hilarious Drinking Memes For Anyone Who Has A Borderline Drinking Problem
- 21 Starter Pack Memes That Are A Little Too Good
- 25 Of The Funniest Memes Of All Time Of This Week
- 30 Of The Funniest And Most Relatable Memes In Meme History