If you’re unaware, “catfishing” is pretending to be someone you’re not on the internet while making an emotional or romantic connection with someone. People on dating apps trust that the picture you’re using is somewhat recent, or, at least a picture of you. If it isn’t, you have some issues to work out. And you’re giving the person you’re chatting with future trust issues.
Then again, looking your best is fun. TikTok users played the #CatfishChallenge and revealed how they would look trying to trick someone into thinking they’re someone else. It got weird, but fun!
TikTok users show what they look like in real life vs. what they would look like if they catfished someone:
1. Looking good.
2. Would swipe. Yes.
3. Why don’t they make the whole TikTok out of cute people?
4. I’m speechless.
5. You’re killing it.
6. Both should hit me up!
7. Bringing the fire!
8. How is it possible?
9. Again, let me know if either wants to hang out.
10. Challenge accepted.
11. One talks about her day at work, the other about her year abroad.
12. The one on the left looks like it was taken in 1980. Step one is using a new camera.
13. Consider adding the glasses to the catfish one.
14. What I feel like on the inside versus what I show the world.
15. Now you’re just trying to look goofy.
16. The glow up!
17. Is that the same person?
19. Living your best life.
20. Thumbs up.
21. Did she grow her hair out?
22. Me at the beginning of 2021 versus the beginning of 2020.
23. Good stuff!
24. Smile and the whole world gets catfished.
25. My mom sending me a selfie vs. my girlfriend sending me a selfie.