Everyone’s getting inked these days, which means there are plenty of good tattoo ideas floating around.
Unfortunately, because everyone’s getting tattoos, good, solid, and unique tattoo ideas are getting tougher to come by.
You might think you’ve got a tattoo idea no one’s ever had before only to come into the shop and have your tattoo artist roll their eyes and say “Ugh, another one of these.”
If you want an original tattoo idea, you’re going to have to look elsewhere, but if you want to know which tattoo idea has been done over and over again, you’re in luck. These tattoo artists shared the tattoo designs they’re sick of doing, so don’t ask again!
1. Latitude and longitude coordinates
2. Nautical-themed tattoos
3. ESPECIALLY anchors
5. Especially big cats wearing crowns
7. And pocketwatches with roses
8. Sports team championship tattoos, especially ones before the team has even won (I can’t think of a worse tattoo idea, TBH)
9. Molecular tattoos of dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, etc.
10. Latin phrases on ribcages
11. Snakes emerging from skulls
12. “Your Name” on people’s asses
13. Chinese characters (obviously)
14. Loony Tunes characters, especially Taz, are a popular and unpopular tattoo idea
15. The infinity symbol or “squashed 8” as some people apparently call it
16. Palm trees
17. Linework flowers