Long before the days of online free play that allow us to play video games against complete strangers around the world, before the days of social media, and before the days of cell phones and texting–we had to find things to keep us busy, occupied, and entertained. Lucky for some of us, we had “The Sims.”
I’m not talking about “The Sims 2,” or “The Sims 3,” or even “The Sims 4.” I’m not talking about “The Sims” that allows you to build an entire city, talk to actual people, or live a crazy, wildlife–I’m talking the bare-bones, original, OG Sims–it looked like this:
If you were as obsessed with the game as I was as a kid, there are some things you know to be 150% true.
23. The creators loved Comic Sans MS.
22. And, only believed that all personalities consist of 5 specific factors.
21. No matter how hard you tried, you could never use every room in the big mansion.
20. But, you did place your furniture (and toilets) wherever the f**k you wanted.
19. Including, outside.
18. When you forgot to take out the garbage, all hell broke loose.
17. If you don’t read the paper, you get no more papers.
16. All the original furniture was basic AF.
15. Except for that vibrating bed that promised every experience to be ~*magical*~
14. And, the world’s most expensive toilet (that always broke).